Hi, I’m so glad you are here!
Hip & Humble Style is my take on what a home should feel like. Your home should reflect who you are and what makes you happy, without feeling like you have to impress others. It’s your center and where you gather with friends & family. I always tell my kids, “it’s your safe place, your roots and your foundation.” Decorating a home does not need to be expensive or fancy to be beautiful. Make it special for yourself and your family, I mean you’re the ones that live there right?
I would say my style is cozy, simple and a mix of farmhouse French with a little industrial thrown in. I love using antiques mixed with newer items and giving life to found treasures or heirlooms. Surround yourself with the things that make you feel happy and you’ll feel “home”.
Here’s a little bit about me…
- I’ve been married to my high school sweetheart for 30 years (yes we got married young)
- We have 3 children- 2 boys & a girl. All 3 have moved out. My oldest son just recently married, our other son is a firefighter/EMT, getting married Oct 2018 & the baby girl is in her junior year studying Dietetics/nutrition as an Ole Miss Rebel!
- In April 2017, we moved into our 6th and hopefully last house …this one is on a lake
- I’ve worked for 2 major departments stores on the sales floor, in the buying offices and in the fashion office. I also worked in 2 showrooms at the Dallas market hall,. One in gifts, one in fashion
- Years ago I had my own stay at home selling business with home decor-Southern Living at Home
- I co-owned a small boutique with my mom in Canton Trade days and worked for Laurie Anna’s vintage home(if you love decor, check our her website!)
- Boating activities(surfing & sunning) are where you’ll find me & my family on the weekends . I golf..once in a while if you can call it that?
- Decorating and arranging a home for others brings me joy…and I’ve faux finished more walls than I like to remember!
- I’d much rather decorate or craft than cook or bake
- A neat freak by nature and my stress reliever is to organize something
- My day job is a certified Pilates instructor
I can’t even imagine what life with Pinterest & Instagram would have been like when I was a new mom with little kids and zero budget. To me, it seems that people were much more original then. The luxury of having ideas, supplies and pictures right at your finger tips is such a fortunate advantage for those who are crafty and love a good DIY challenge. Now that I have more time with my kids off doing their own thing, I wanted to share my journey of creating & crafting and hope to inspire you to create beauty in your own home.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you’ll come back often!
*I hope we can become friends and you will subscribe so you don’t miss the latest design inspiration, decor ideas, DIY, shopping and more! Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook where I share ideas and inspiring photos.
*Please feel free to leave comments, as always I like to hear your thoughts on the things I share & questions you may have. Your opinions are important to me and I hope you can gain inspiration from my pages
~Here is my sweet little family~